Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'll Follow the Sun

The Beatles - I'll Follow The Sun

One day you'll look to see I've gone.
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
Some day you'll know I was the one.
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
And now the time has come
And so my love I must go.
And though I lose a friend,
In the end you'll know, oooh.
One day you'll find that I have gone.
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
Yes, tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
And now the time has come
And so my love I must go.
And though I lose a friend,
In the end you'll know, oooh.
One day you'll find that I have gone.
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun





The first time I heard this song was in a show in honor of Jay Ilagan who had died in motorcycle accident. Going Bananas members Christopher De Leon, Edgar Mortiz, and Johnny Delgado were singing it; and what made it more touching was that they cried while.

But is this song really meant for the dead? If it were, it seems that the person who died is the one who is singing it. Doesn’t make sense does it.

It makes more sense that the song was meant for a love triangle. Certainly not the easiest and simplest of situations, the person who does the singing has decided to call it quits. He or she has been a dear friend, and yet as the story goes, they will only be just friends. 

The object of affection apparently has apparently made a choice that will make rain, leaving no choice for the friend but to follow the sun.

That's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment